We will support museums, galleries and heritage sites to increase access to, and enjoyment of, their venues, collections and programmes, for blind and partially sighted people. A range of services we can offer are detailed below, however please contact us to discuss your requirements, as we provide bespoke support.
Live Audio Description
- Scripting and delivery of live audio-descriptive tours of exhibitions, galleries or venues, with handling sessions
Recorded Audio Description
- Scripting and production of recorded audio description for a gallery or venue, which can include collection displays, building interiors and navigation information. We can advise on appropriate platforms for the content, such as handheld devices, apps and the web
- Audio introduction to your venue, including access and orientation information
- Audio description of tactile objects and diagrams available at your venue
- Courses for museum staff to develop and deliver live descriptive tours
- Courses for museum staff to write scripted descriptions for recorded guides.
- Visual awareness and guiding training
- Audits of your current access provision for blind and partially sighted visitors (visitor experience, online and programmed events)
- Audience advocacy sessions (reaching and growing your blind and partially sighted audiences)
- Inclusive design workshops
- Audience Workshops
- Advice on digital technology solutions
For all enquiries, please contact Anna Fineman, Museums, Galleries and Heritage Programme Manager on 020 7375 1043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.