Join The Postal Museum for an audio described tour and discover the surprising story of the world’s first social network. Ride Mail Rail and journey back in time with 15 minutes of underground exploration.
This tour is co-delivered by a VocalEyes audio describer and a Postal Museum curator. Light refreshments will be included during the event.
- Admission includes entry to all exhibitions, the audio described tour and an optional timed ride on Mail Rail.
- Visitors are welcome to book a space for 1 accompanying companion (included in the admission fee).
To book your ticket please visit The Postal Museum website.
About the Tour
- On arrival please go to The Postal Museum welcome space for 10.00am. The welcome space is immediately after the main entrance by the café and shop, seating is available.
- The tour will begin at 10.15am and will last approximately one hour. This will be followed by tea and coffee in the learning space on level 1 (accessed by stairs or lift), before heading to Mail Rail, which is about 80 metres down the road from the main museum.
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome.
- If you require any other support, or have any other access requirements for this tour, please contact the Museum.
Mail Rail Access
The size and design of the ride carriages and the evacuation procedure means Mail Rail is not suitable for all visitors. Read the Mail Rail Access guidelines to find out more about the ride restrictions and what to expect, to help you decide if riding is suitable for you.
Travelling to the Museum
The nearest step-free station is King’s Cross St Pancras Station after which there is a 20-minute walk to the museum. Farringdon Station is a 15-minute walk to the museum but does not provide level access. Visit the museum’s website to plan how you get to the museum.
[Image caption: The Mail Rail train travelling through an underground tunnel at The Postal Museum.]