Storyhouse is Chester’s brand new £37m theatre, library, cinema and arts centre. The restored and revitalised 1930s Odeon building now houses an 800-seat auditorium, a 200-seat studio theatre, a restaurant and two bars and a 100-seat boutique cinema.
Summer will see an opening season of four productions performing at both Storyhouse and Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre – The Beggar’s Opera, Alice in Wonderland, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Julius Caesar. Autumn will bring a season of nationally-acclaimed touring shows, spanning music, drama, comedy and dance.
The nearest car parks to Storyhouse are:
Market Car Park, CH12BB
Delamere Street Car Park, CH22AY
The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
- Fixed, counter-top and portable hearing loop systems available across the building
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (Stalls, Circle & Galley level), studio and cinema
- Assistance Dogs welcome throughout the building and to all events
- Low level counter for service at the bar in The Kitchen. For the Garret Bar, please use the end of the bar next to the window
- Large format print available on request
- Ramp access at ground floor levels.
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor, with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor.
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets