WELCOME TO THE TRON
The Tron is one of Scotland’s leading mid-scale producing and presenting theatres, set in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City.
Housing three performance spaces, rehearsal space, offices, a dedicated Tron Participation workshop space and Tron Bar + Kitchen, the building is a vibrant creative hub that bustles with activity year-round. The building is also home to Tron Theatre Company, which stages its own productions as well as presenting co-productions and collaborations with other leading theatre companies, alongside a busy programme of high calibre visiting company work.
Whilst we advise booking tickets in the front section of our auditorium, there is no restricted view of the stage from any of our seats.
British Sign Language Interpretation
There is no restricted view of the stage from any of our seats. All our seats are suitable to see the signer with the exception of seats in Row I on the side of the auditorium where the signer is standing.
With the exception of all seats in Row A and seats M1-3, all seats provide great reception for the Audio Description headsets.
ADDITIONAL ACCESS FACILITIES
Infra Red Loop System
This is only available in the Main Auditorium. Your hearing aid must be switched to the T position. Seats in Rows A-H provide the most consistent coverage, although full coverage is available throughout the auditorium.
Due to the design of our auditoria, we do not have dedicated wheelchair spaces and need to prepare a space for any wheelchair user by removing existing seats. Customers requiring a wheelchair space are asked to contact the Box Office directly on 0141 552 4267 prior to booking their tickets.
7 wheelchairs (maximum) Lower House, Row A
2 wheelchairs (maximum) Upper House, Row M, Seats 1 & 3
2 wheelchairs (maximum) Row A
2 wheelchairs (maximum) Towards the back of the seating area
Parking and Transport:
- Parking: There is blue badge parking on Chisholm Street.
- Car Parks are located on King Street, Albion Street, and Stockwell Street
- Drop-Off Point: Chisholm Street
- Taxis: We can provide contact numbers. Please ask the Box Office.
- Buses: The nearest stops are on Trongate and Osborne Street. For information on bus numbers and routes visit travelinescotland.com or First Glasgow.
- Train Stations: Argyle Street Station 320m West, Queen Street Station 1km North-West, Glasgow Central Station 1km North-West.
- Level/Ramp Access: This is available on Chisholm Street .
- Lift access to all levels.
- Accessible Toilets: Ground Floor/Level Access
- Box Office: Medium Height Counter/Induction Loop
For more information on performance access, go to the Audio Description Scotland site at www.adascotland.com
For more information about accessible performances visit www.accessscottishtheatre.org